Job Function: Architecture and Engineering
Job Industry: Automotive
Job Location: Novi, MI
I. General Summary:
Lead a program team using organizational skills and interpersonal skills to accomplish the tasks outlined by the company and its customer.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Manage and develop a team for all aspects of a program, and serve as the primary point of contact.
1. Organize engineering activities.
2. Manage and track quality objectives.
3. Track cost objectives.
4. Plan and develop timelines to meet internal and customer milestones.
B. Conduct regular meetings internally and with the customer to report the status of the program, using standard reporting formats.
C. Delegate tasks to the appropriate departments.
D. Use problem solving techniques when issues arise.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Greater than four (4) years of relevant experience. Automotive interiors experience preferred but not required.
• Experience in multiple OEM (GM, Toyota, Daimler, VW, Honda, Navistar/Paccar) systems and terminology is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong leadership ability are required.
• Understanding of basic engineering calculations, cost analysis, and basic accounting.
• Must have strong organizational, planning, and people skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment to support demanding automotive customer requirements.
• Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports and graphs.
• Effective time management skills.
• Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Japanese and/or Spanish is beneficial, but not required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint.
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
V. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
See Job Description
Full Time / Part Time: FULLTIME
Compensation Type: SALARY
Travel Percentage: 0 %
Telecommute Percentage: 0 %
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date:
Date Created: 2017-02-16
Requisition Number: EQ0000000152